41.


well well
here we again
time is slipping
n here is the future

quick recount
41 years
wife
prince n poet
music
coffee
great coffee actually
food
wine
friends
loving god
work
study
home
not a bad collection really

but

like a shadow
only  in the brightest of lights
out of the corner of my eye
skulking in a a corner
change is beckoning . . . .

socrates question continues
with a deeper significance
as the years become decades
“how shall I live”
ponder: what does that mean
live: this question
reality: am I happy? What have a missed?
are my ethics ok?
do I know why I do the things I do?
how are my relationships?
what about the mystic transcendent life?
how do I spend my cash?
have I taught the prince and poet how to live deeply and freely?

regrets . . . I’ve had a few
but
this treadmill life
makes me weary
I get my energy in the cold
In the rain n sleet
I need to time to rest n study n cook
but life demands work work work
who decided this was ok?
who decided that to have time to be either equals no money
or obscene amounts?

Shhhhh man.
Breathe
Your 41 now
Remember the lessons you’ve learnt
Be gentle with yourself and others
Live for the moment
Tomorrow, as you friend said,
Will take care of itself
Love deeply and truly
pay that price
For nothing else will satisfy
Gift lavishly
Express in music song and word
Listen to
others
the voice beyond all voices
and late 60’s bands

you’ll be ok

even if you are

41

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

december heart

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

Mad Men 101