neil n the ball


Last night the ball
The kids out in all their finery
God-daughter to-be looking lovely
(Dress by Aunty Pru, shoes courtesy of Maisey)
Convivial conversation
Much ooh and ahh  over
dresses n suity attire

I wander around
A little lost
A little amused
Nice moment getting photos with a few kids
Connection and moving on  
all combined in a picture
Real alpha and omega stuff
My mind wanders about
Hopes
Dreams
Past
Present
Future
Mine
and theirs

Driving home,
After watching them parade through
for dinner
then doof-doof,
I suddenly felt
Very old.
Am I just carrying the old ways?
how do i offer these
bright young things
hope n wisdom?
questions too big for a Friday night

i turn up Neil Young
make my home
through shimmering evening city lights
thankful for the journey
for love
and my companions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101