excuse me but are you a teacher?

hello freends
the first full week of school began today
before this we had a little taster day
friday
I mean, whats with that
come to school for one day and then have two days off?
anyhoo
the year has started well
the kiddlets seem to be OK
i do my usual little teacher routine
the joke n hands on stuff n then
be a bear for a moment
then all smiles
try n set things up for the rest of the eleven months.
so...
the battle is to try and preserve my insides
and be a teacher
i am gunna experiment with rituals
for leaving n arriving
meditation n writing in the morning
then a gentle bike ride to school
and then in the afternoon
change my clothes
become dad n husband n put off the teacher man
drink a coffee
sit on the couch and then play me guit
hopeful that'll realign me
n i'll have the more energy for the prince n poet
for a swim n writing
so there we are
a year begins
what will it hold I wonder
for you
and for me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101