too scared of too much until ...

you should be careful what you read
my mother always said that
she was
and is
a great reader of loads of stuff
mainly romancey novels these days
but it was biography n history n religion n poetry
n ole will shake your sphere
i should a taken her advice today
morning bloog reading led me to SK
and to todays letter from him
and the horror of what we are doing to the planet
the knife edge we find ourselves on
again
we humen beens always do this
we cant seem to live and let be
always riding to the point of near no return
the nuclear race
the wars of 1914 and 1939 and ever onwards
and now its our home we are destroying for bits of coloured paper n
shiny trinkets
the picture we get is dark
so dark
and we know what we should do
but i get in me car in the mornings
n putter me way around
put on the air con when its too hot
almost seems too big a deal for my little life to make much difference
and i am led to despair
for the young prince n poet
for me, cos I like being alive n being in love n all that goes with it
i dont wanna live in a sauna
or have a tough life - cos i'm soft ya know!
its real tear out ya hair stuff
and then
from the silence comes a flicker
an even deeper silence
the mystery beyond even this
do not fear
i am with you
now i'm not trying to convert anyone here
but from my reading of history
even in its darkest most destructive evil moments
hope is never completely lost
love is aways present
good does eventually win out over evil
joy comes n the morning
i gotta hold on to that
i gotta hold onto all of that
cos we got one world right
and if I love it
could not the love beyond me love it too
love it enough to save it?
so i'm in deep mode today
with jesus and the marshwiggle
(if ya dont get that, go and read lewis' the silver chair)
not giving up
reflecting n planning
this calls for action here
i'm good with the words
but gotta do something
like let ya know
read kilbeys blog
talk too each other
we gotta love our place
before its too late
love
me
xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Spiritual Friends - Anthony De Mello