walks in the dark

dreaming of light
surrounded by dark
stars hidden behind a velvet cushion
their pale radiance subdued
my eyes shielded to their brightness
i wait in the coolness of the night air
my vision scanning the heavens
for signs of life
my own dims with the constellations
cloud covers time
a gentle breeze like the years
marking moments with peace and refreshment
but suddenly dropping away
leaving only the summers heat
others speak of light
as if they know
thinking they have seen
thinking they have travelled
no clouds covered their vision
no storms obscured their way
perhaps they have
perhaps it is only me
left to soldier on in the half light
but within me
all speaks this as untrue
I travel alone
companions stay only momentarily
before pursing their own pathways
infrequent guides appear
offering only a word
before sinking back into the gloom
I stumble in the darkness
and take blind turns
occasional glimpses of starlight
give relief for seconds
marking the way
hinting of futures still concealed
I could be dirty
I could be lost
I could be anywhere
at anytime
still I stagger on
at least forward is not backwards
it is a night to keep on
keep awake
keep moving
this darkness is not my friend
this darkness is not forever
my time is now
my journey is yours
my hope
is in the
stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101