writers unblock

lack of inspiration
perhaps just holiday re-alignment
perhaps mystcal wanderings
led me here for a hint
a clue
a thought

Why do you write?

i write cos i want to
except when i dont
i write cos i expect something to happen
but i dont get blue when it dont
i write to explore ideas
but i always seem to come back to the same ones
i write cos i like
the way some words flow together n how
other bash and writhe when placed
together
i write to you freends
but its all about me
not you
i write to kick myself
out of all sorts of malaise
spiritual
financial
artistic
emotional
musical
i write just to get it out
but there is usually
so much more left inside
i write cos i like writers
c s lewis
ursula le guin
tolkein
my sort-of-aunt
nz poet rachel Bush
like my friend
sonia helbig-timms

i write to feel like
just sometimes
i am doing
something
that i can be creative
that i can give some reflection to what
is going on inside me
and that just maybe
my experience
might be someone elses
i write to cajole
to convince
to abuse
to nit-pick
to beg
to please
to steal
to launch random attacks on
no one in particular
to be like kilbey
to be unlike other people

i write to still this feeling of loneliness
i write to feel connected
to be part of cyper-space
to be part of any space
to have my say
to do my thing
to make myself visible
when i want to hide
i write to give myself something to talk about
when i am bored at parties
i write messages to my freends
n love to my family
i write to just be
n fill in the lonely hours
when i could be up to
other mischief

i write because
i like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101