retreat 101 - slow it down

150kms North of Perth, I am on retreat at New Norcia.

Love been here - it is quiet, ordered and offers space for reflection, and of course, prayer.
But I am finding that this time, it is hard to settle in.
I suspect this is the result of a frenetic first week at school,
and some of the  inner stuff that I came here to address.

The pervading questions I have on my mind are "Where am I heading" and "Whats next?"

This is not the first time for these query's however.

In the past they generally led to a change of job, and in a big move, to joining the Catholic Church.
This feels slightly different.

I love my job, the many different people I work with, and the personal growth that come out of these close relationships. I couldn't imagine a better place for me right now.

I love my family and social life. My immediate family are incredible, and my friends faithful and life-giving.

I think I am talking about vision.  Maybe I am asking:

What is my legacy?
Have I actually bought something to this world?
I am becoming the man that I think I need to be?

I am Benedictine enough to not rush into easy answers to these questions.
Sitting with them in the light of scripture, of tradition, of others wisdom will help.

So will not taking them too seriously!

Strange journey this life . . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101