cups of tea

cups of tea this morning and
my routine
is gone
and I am only just
awake
kiddies watch the box
which I know is bad
but theres no drugs or guns or naughty bits
this time
all too soon the light is up
in the sky
and I’m supposed
to get
moving
somewhere
to something
but it would be good to stay here
with you my ever observant friends
But the techno elegy
May let me down
again
and my words not be heard
and that’s OK
tis my therapy here
my take on things which I write to you
this week
I will travel to the lower coast of our fair state
To spend a week with da familee
Mon ma and mon pere
Et mon nephews and nieces
Should all be grand me thinks
But too much
too much words
too much noise
too much humanity all together
so think of me
doing all this
and needing a rest
maybe I could go for long swims and walks
at least get up early and just sit with it
before the little uns hit the boards
and pray
but were all out of here
breakfast and coffee at a little ol cafe
eggs and sourdough and ambient sounds
then home and the paper
and the church on the cd
stop for a minute and write
this is the stuff we live by
I wont be around much after Monday
but maybe a mid week post for ya all
from the shore
with a coffee
and a happy smile
on me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101