A last hour bloog

3 hours until freedom
peace
children all gone home and laughing
two weeks stretched before them like
a sparkling sea
and I will stand here
and my weariness will vanish momentarliy
reveling in the silence
in the emptiness
and I'll try not to just grab all my things
my junk and jewels
and run out the door
bye bye classroom
the world awaits
no, i might just linger for a second or more
go slow
have some pride man!
enjoy the ambience of learning
I hope so
I hope these kids are getting something from me
what not to be!
what not to say!
maybe a hint
that learning is only part of the answer
of the journey
how to take time out
put your feet up and laugh
but old CK here learns too ya know!
how to be passionate about
football
or horses
and smile nicely and say yes
and do the exact opposite!
how to keep on going even though
you can't do it
and I know it
and they know it
but we play the circle game
but they can surprise too
pull something out of the bag
produce a painting of great beauty
or a story of worthy of publication
or an idea to make them an einstein
but i wont miss em too much
i need a rest
and a drink
and a chance to catch my breath
and write some more
so that's it
school holidays
bye bye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101