super seventies part 2

right o
mid seventies becomes a shocker
all disco n glitter
punk comes n goes
somethings remain the same
i'm at school
learning 
sorta fitting in
not so great at sport
not so bad at thinking
very good a la musica
parents doing hippy charismaticy christian thing
didn't do it for me
still doesn't
shocking photo of me mid seventies wedding
brown corduroy flares
gold skivvy
brown desert boots
bronze medallion
no wonder I wanted to be a mod when I figured it out
anyway
those few years pass
i dig lego
start recorder playing
read lots
myths n legends n narnia n earthsea my faves
if those names mean nothing to ya then get yourself together and by the texts
dr who fills my imagination and almost suffocates me
then 
almost to the day
i can remember 
new years eve 1979
heading into the eighties
my old dad and i still up latish watching the telly
i'm about 10 1/2
and on comes a retrospective of "popular music" in the seventies
not much I recall
except afros n guitars
les pauls stood out in my mind
but the sounds
began to fill my imagination
took years for all of this to bear fruit
maybe it still hasn't
but i began to dig stuff then
not really buy lps or singles
but just take notice
realise there was something to this stuff'
that my parents didn't get
gave me a special feeling 
to think I was one up on them anyway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101