time slips away

days lose their names
and time slips away
a paul weller book
the reinvention of the man
washed up at 32 many said
lost the gift
the purple patch was final
irrelevant
a has been
and then
wildwood 1993
a kicking tour and rockin band
live cover of ohio which will fry your brain
you can see it here
battled depression
loss of record contract
band
following
self esteem
and still came out of it

i love some of the quotes in this book
"no one can take away my talent" - him quoting mavin gaye

on himself:
"We all mess up if we're lucky
But don't let anyone deter you from your dream, your thing.
Take it to the hilt, you can only fail.
Sometimes you can sail"

and

"I still have this feeling that my time
is yet to come."

Anyway thanks again Paul
the songs still lift me up
when I am blue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101