Do you believe?

Do you believe in creationism or evolution? Which one makes more sense to you? Why?

This is a big question which seems to matter beyond any to some Christians.
I have to say that it doesn't worry me too much and I tend to sit on the fence.
 
I am swayed by thinking that looks at the biblical text and asks what the audience was, the context in which it was written, and the cultural understanding 0f what that text would have meant at the time - really trying not to take to much at face value with my judging western mind.

I suppose at the root of it I can accept that either creationism or evolution can be true, but more importantly for me is the loving God behind it all who calls me to realtionship with him/her.

As the Catechism puts it, "... research in all branches of knowledge, provided it is carried out in a truly scientific manner and does not override moral laws, can never conflict with the faith, because the things of the world and the things the of the faith derive from the same God.... The Catholic Church has no fear of science or scientific discovery. (Here)

H/T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101