coffee with cataline

After a steady day in a very wintry Perth ,I zipped out to grab a coffee at the "West End Deli" - just up the road from my school. Grendal recommends it via his great coffee map of Perth, and I thought I should check it out. Boho arty sort of vibe and an open view kitchen for an excellent view of the preparation of their wonderful menu. The coffee was Fiori, which is a lovely bean. My Latte was a good strength, but a little cooler than I usually prefer.

I am reading my way through Sallust's "Catiline's War, The Jugurthine War, Histories". A great translation I was quite moved by the opening chapter of the text and Sallust's thoughts on human nature, ambition and desire. I need to read this slowly as each sentence seems heavy with meaning and content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101