A Lost art or just a means of survival?

Essay writing.

My first time around at University it was merely a task to complete to a pass level and as quickly as possible.

By the time I was doing theology much of the work was not essay based - it was reading logs or personal experience based work. Great for theological reflection, but not so much as academic discipline. (With the exception of a 5000 Christology piece which just about killed me . . .)

In some ways I am looking forward to the two pieces of work for this unit - an essay of 1200 words and another of 1500. Long enough to explore a topic at some preliminary detail but not so much as to be burdensome or require a herculoric effort , which I just couldn't manage at the moment!

So here are two links, one from my home campus UNE and another from Monash University in Melbourne. I was pleasantly surprised to find that most Universities offered help for students in this area, but not so impressed by a few online sites which will produced papers for a fee - wheres the personal endeavour in that!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101