An odd little round up

Grab bag of things today.

In the post lunch afternoon lull, my fellow campus ministry team member and I spent some time watching a few of the Nooma videos we hadn't seen before. Very poignant and powerful discussions of loss, grief and the inevitable difficulty of moving on.

This led me to look look a little deeper into Rob Bell, who I have always enjoyed as communicator - especially his ability to draw out concepts in a contemporary manner. His primary theological paradigm is that of Narrative theology. You can read about what Mars Hill Church (which Rob Bell pastors) says about Narrative Theology and how it fits with their conception of church . They also offer a quite neat reading list (which will no doubt lead me to purchase even more books to add to the over crowded shelves in my bottom room . . .)

In the afternoon I was racing to the local Bunnings to grab a lightglobe and heard a very cool radio story about Shakespeare and Company - a very cool bookshop in Paris which offers free accommodation (after a mandatory interview) to aspiring writers and those they feel would benefit from spending some free time in France with like minded folk. A very cool history of the shop is also available.

And just to bring the topic back to Ancient Roman History the first topic for the Course is Roman Religion - and I am still working on finding scholarly rather than populist links to help with my work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101