caveman

flickering light
outside my door
mid morning sun working its magic
through the spring growth
in here
all is muted and calm
quiet n cool
nothing can be rushed here
no darkness can creep its way
nothing intrudes on the aural landscape
provided by blessed st poddy
wind howls
heat burns
ice melts
solar flares threaten and bite
but i am safe
here in my cave
the cave of life
the cave of death
do I stay here?
do I merely recharge before the endless world
beckons me forth again?
is it a retreat
or a re-enchantment
a place of mystery
or of dreary mediocrity
electric light replaces solar
blinds n curtains replace the moons velvet night
fabric replaces the coolness of grass
fans n ac's replace the breeze n
ebb n flow of air
i replenish my self
with overprocessed gifts
wrapped in brightly enticing advertising
which will last forever
no biodegradability for these babies!
this sustenance has replaced
living from the earth n my hands
living through cycles n times
living with the whole self
here in my cave I become an eternal mind
there is no context
no future
no past
just the moment of now
to be entertained stimulated n excited
i never want to leave
it has become
my death

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101