credal

i believe in you
i believe in me
i believe in my family
my children who crucify n
resurrect my sense of self
transforming me
i believe my partner
my lover
who sustains n travels with me
i believe in my friends
who know me and still care
are hurt by me and still turn up
put up n occasionally
make me shut up
thankyou
i believe in a mystery
which is deeper wider longer and more powerful
than we will ever know
i believe in love
between children and parents
between friends
between the mystery and us
i believe in god
i believe in jesus
(but not always his followers...)
i believe in the spirit
in all things
i believe in silence
being the way to understanding
i believe buddha and krishna
had wise things to say
i believe in the rule of saint benedict
i believe in ritual n rite
i definitely believe
in incense
i believe in music
as a healer
a lover
a force for good or evil
a task master
a mistress
an addiction
i believe in cooking
as an art
as a means of stimulating nourishing healing n freeing
i believe in growth
from the inside out
i believe in rainy afternoons
misty dawns
cold nights
and dew on the grass in the morning
i believe in reading lots
i believe in narnia
i believe in middle earth
i believe in reading children's books
no matter how old you are
i believe in late nights
n lazy mornings
i believe easter and christmas are still magic
if we let them
i believe there is a lot to be said for opting out
i believe in not giving up
unless you want too ...
i believe in not worrying too much
but i don't believe it enough
to change just yet
i believe my bp is too high
i believe i like red wine a little too much
i believe in change
i believe in wholeness
i believe in holidays
i believe in yoga n swimming n riding my bike
i believe i am not the best me yet
but i believe i still have time for it
i believe my new job is a gift
i believe time goes by too fast
or too slow
but never how we want it to
i believe in sleep
i believe in dreams
i believe in the void
i believe in believing
even if that means
believing i am wrong
i believe
it is time
to stop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101