at last

dear blog
dear thoughts
i haven't abandoned you entirely
i have been away
away in every sense
the pressures of the world
the life we live
which i give into
bearing down and crushing
our fragile spirits
had become too much
until now
last week i turned another year older
thirty eight cycles on exploration
a good time to stop and think
but i needed more
a kick up the proverbial
as usual it came in threes
maybe a new job
in which i would spend my time thinking about the mystery
and trying to tell others
a new church record from 06
kilbeys lyrics get me every time
"thankyou to the lord for creating all this
there's a whole lot of pain before we get to the bliss"
yeah....
and then my chosen expression of mystery
seems to be going backwards
or at least standing still
my limited efforts to
balance seem to come to nothing
i sit on the line on many things
i see good and bad
here there and everywhere
a true post modern me thinketh
it so easy to forget how to live
in the mystery
everything conspires against us...
--------------------------------------------------
birthday beauties
a new ipoddy shuffle in cool hard metallic blue
lots of itunes vouchers for music
new neil finn album
very good neil!
and then as previously discussed
last years church mega release uninvited like the clouds
launches me back into the dis-reality
sonic space
atmosphere
love
hope
recovery
exploration
sorry neil
but these boys do it for me
lovely curry dinner last friday with feends n friends n companions
phone messages
cards n well wishers
letting me no i am loved
which is the best gift of all
ciao ciao ciao

Comments

why? said…
And belated birthday thoughts and blessings to you, my friend.

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101