day 4 dads

father day in aus
manic n wonderful
all simultaneously
spent part of the night up with the price
he was trying to top the temperature charts yet again
but the morning bought him hungry n refreshed
day by day he improves
the poet bought me gifts made at school
n her smile
i drank coffee
ate french toast brioche
and sent ck back to bed
for her virus to run its course
the two littilies and i
spent the day tidying
cooking
relaxing
watching
----------------------------------------------
father hood
daddy hood
parent hood
is still a mystery to me
after these eight years
prince n poet teach me more
than i ever dared realise
i see clearly my strengths
n experience my weaknesses
i know how to bring comfort
but my own need for healing becomes ever clearer
i can sacrifice my own desires
but all too often they surface n confront me
in cruel fate
i give advice to others
on moulding their young
n often fail at my own attempts
with my two ...
the poet
nearly eight
light n free
wants to know it all now
wants to work it out
wants wholeness
loves art n music
poetry
books
reading
dancing
a social being
a theolog in the making
serious n shy sometimes
free spirit at others
my first born
doolittle
bless you!
and the prince
he of shaggy hair
scooter boy
tree climber
split enz lover
winne the pooh fan
dvd supernova
loves his family
his friends
has a different type of knowing to his sister
experiences things deeply
deeper than any other child i have known
easter took him
a long time to process
likes your company
your closeness
not necessarily your opinion
a first grade cuddler
a warm inhabitor of your personal space
experiencer of much illness
learner reader
a little hero
who is loved

there you have it freends
fathers day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101