trippy afternoon

running
always running
keep moving
don't stop
movement is safety
stillness equals certain capture
i feel the breeze rip through me
like razor wire
as i escape the grinder
other travellers
full of their own journey
scurry like factory rats
their portable technology
either keeping them safe
or oblivious
this rainy afternoon
my red transport is strangely silent n smooth
it moves through time n space
transporting me in ways yet unfathomed
rain falls more heavily now
sideways
trapping me all around
the traffic slows
lights flicker as reminders of distant destinations
my pod hums its gentle tunes
stop
wait
howling winds encase the city
finally we break free
the rain ends
traffic disperses
the god of lights is with me
her green power guiding me quickly home
out of the snarling afternoon
into the arms
of my loved ones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101