in the kitchen of the library

i read.
a lot.
these days it doesn't seem
to matter what i read
sometimes a novel
spirituality
cricket
history.
now
i am at two of my favourites
cooking
french provincial cooking
by the legendary
british writer
Elizabeth David
full of food n stories n ingredients i love
but shouldn't have
like butter n cream
but lots of wine!
the other is a book about the other
the weird stone of brisingamen
alan garner
a writer who truly know about mystery
strangeness
it is a "children's book"
but like narnia
that simplistic category
is meaningless
a book of adventure
n long forgotten myths that seem
part of me i have only
briefly left
these books are feeding me
enlightening me
transforming me
reading and cooking
take me out of myself
into a realm beyond
i love the sizzle of the pan
the glass of wine
the art of cooking
of blending and joining
of creating a meal for my loved ones
it is a divine act for me
reading too
books of garners nature
leave me in space
inside n outside
provide moments which
leave you lighter
n empty
ah
time well spent
with book
n pan
au revoir dear freends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101