hoping for something better

Woke today with dragons roaming around in my head
Be this, do that, why-didn’t you, how could you’s
All competing with one another
For attention
Or domination
My poor old self-esteem and soul
Couldn’t cope
They ran into my mobile phone
And hid there
Waiting for a call
To bring them back
To let them know that
All was safe in there once again
it took a while to drive those buggers out
Three pages of writing
A long walk in the rapidly heating morning sun
Coffee and a poetry book
A hug from a friend
A smile from CK
Watching the kids play
Swinging round and around
Then
Without a word
They were back with me
Slipping in under the radar
Dodging what was left of my fear.
I felt their gentle coolness
Easing the morning away

Today marks the end of the Christmas catch-ups in our house
The season of late nights for lizey loo and the little prince
The endless tiredness for me and CK
Soon it will be new year
The arbitrary marker which makes us somehow
Whether by stealth or by tradition
Recap recount and re-evaluate everything
Who knows what I will try
Or what I will aspire too
But freends
You know I will always be here
Talking to you
so send in ya questions
and ya comments
for general discussion and
enlightenment
from the dragon mined
the zen warrior
the earth bound saint
the sinner
me
see ya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101