nether

lack of routine leads to lack of energy
increase of free time leads to creative decline
sunshine later in the day leads to later meals, later chats
later rising, less meditation
pressure is a wonderful teacher
but the pressure is what I am escaping
coffee is the drink of heaven
but my blood pressure is the stuff of hell
i soon become sick of
my favourite recordings
love to read
but can’t find a book that suits
the littlies I love with all my heart
can drive me to distraction
long for a quiet life
but can’t live without the city

Good n evil
day n night
young n old
Ying n yang
Black n white
God n the devil
In n out
True n false
Straight n gay
fast n slow
catholic n protestant
low n high

i need all these opposites
we set up
to constrain our worlds
to give us meaning
even when the meaning we seek
is within us
around us
within the opposites

the space between
holidays n work
where I now stand
is
neither one nor the other
neither stressed nor relaxed
the nether world of life

travelling
moving
learning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101