shopping vibe

Into the silence of the automated vehicle
I climb once again
Adjust the control mechanism
Isolate the ignition system
relocate the reflective technology
choose the soundtrack to accompany my journey
who knows when I will return?
Or with what?
What artist can fulfil the task of providing
Beats for this mission
Melodies for travel
Harmony to counter the stresses of exploration?
Chiming guitars I believe
Late 60’s rock with Hammond
Traffic
Steve Winwood
Perfect

With the strains of paper sun echoing around the in-flight entertainment
The transporter leaves the drive and I head to the providers
The stealers n dealers
The takers n makers
The purveyors of the cheap
N the pricey
The discount and the discounted
the mega and the mini
all things for all people
a gift for every occasion
for every human bean
stuff beyond the imagination of many a third world country
still useless and discarded
disregarded
by us superior beings
oh the longing to be Christ
to turn the tables
to scream and shout
to tell of the scam n the sin
the nonsense that accompanies
so many dreams
this time of year
its not presents
but presence
which counts
in our planetary opulence we cannot see
we have lost our way
those who can
the freaks n priests
monks n musicians
artists n clowns
writers
hopers
pray-ers
we are outside yet inside
hopeful yet so often
hopeless
like them all
I know
I need this season
To teach me
Once again
And yet….

The space time vehicle ferries me home
Without realizing it I am at my front door
Safe with my loved ones
Surrounded by their joy
My own begins to shine
More clearly
Carols rings out
Children paint n read
Missus endlessly cooking n cleaning
I sit n watch em
thankfully

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101