up at four

Sleepless summer night
Too much caffeine pumping through the ole veins
Four o’clock munchies n books
Cruising the net looking for …
Something
Something to settle down these after dark jitters
Something not too intellectual
Too spiritual
I can feel the tiredness invading my body
My breath
My stomach feeling ill from lack of rest
A panacea must be here somewhere
Write a haiku
I’m learning that art
The five seven five combination
Depth without being over blown
Succinct yet meaningful
A koan of hopeful truth
Can’t even begin
Can’t even think
Blurry yet still here
Heavy fingers misspelling and bashing the lappy
Give up the poetry
Switch off computer
Shhh I instruct it
Stop playing that meaningless good bye theme
Don’t wake the littlies
Sit out looking out the front window
No signs of dawn yet
Breathe in and out
Now slow down
Can’t wait for it
Climb into bed
Don’t disturb CK
Lie still
Wait
Clock ticks in digital silence
Blinds swing
Pushed by the invisible breeze
I turn my head and don’t look at the numerals
marking my restlessness
And then…

Its 7 30
I awake alone
Tired yet
Marginally refreshed
Ck is gone attending to the children
Another day has begun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101