paper chase

bits of paper cloud my desk
some are like lost fishermen
swimming miles from their destination
perhaps they have been there so long
they've forgotten what
they were sent for anyway
other are lovely and bright
guaranteed to get my attention
to bring me to them
and then
ususally
they disappoint
they corrupt
with tales of future happiness
just buy me buy me buy me
need me need me
want me want me
order order order
now damn it
NOW!
so they don't often make it
past the door
nasty little things
paper
paper everywhere
and just when you thought it was safe
when you knew who
you were
you're warm and safe
along comes the paper
you're a failure
you scored a big fat zero
you drive too fast
you haven't paid your bills
you have overdue library books
your investments have failed
have this test
fill in this form
we'll tell you
we'll define you
we'll box you in
we'll nail you down
all on paper
---------------------------------------
they can't define us by paper
life is bigger than that
we just can't nail it down
write it all out
sort it into neat little catergories
god is more than words in the ...

now don't get upset

bible or whatever

can you dig it?

i am more than your little bits of paper
even more than this stuff i write to you
even though its sort of me
its sort of not too
can you read it with heart?
can you try and see underneath the words
and get the real me
its hard
some are great at this skill
they see with eyes beyond

and it takes more than paper...

but I have a plan
its a good one
you can have in if you want
its easy

buy

matches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101