passion

it is wet here in purth
first rain for a month
and all of the green surfaces
only for a moment
a brief look
before hiding again
and waiting for the long hot summer to
begin
and end
littilies one and two both up
early this morning for the
meditative start
climbing all over
this wanna be holy man
before cups of coffee and milk and
heading out the door at a speed of knotts
getting to work and feeding
obsessions
music
god
community
edgy countercultural
mumbojumbo
arty farty
la la
you know these do feed me
dont you?
its my thing
my stuff
gives me a purpose
a reason
a place
without it
i lose it
oh you wouldn't believe how much
like a space weary time traveller
but it hard
you know it too
keeping the fire
keeping the passion
all too easy to make the excuses
and i'm talking to me here
lose the plot
get out of kilter
out of time
forget
lost
but today
i remember
I see the sun
i know why i am here
and i will
follow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101