space bubble

Welcome to
the space bubble
the time retainer
no past here
no future
only a light hum
hushed voices
bright light which burns
every blemish revealed
shwoosh of fluids
pumped
attention
detail
decisions
constant restrained activity
i sit
holding hands with him
watching this circus
committed to life
and dignity
i answer his blurry questions
answers soon forgotten.
i am wearing a long black t-shirt
this morning
embossed in dark gold with angel wings
a medieval mystery world
of truth
he sees me and smiles
he is a mystery man too
a few brief incoherent words
some insane demands
observations which come from another place
and he is off again
perhaps back to the world of my shirt
perhaps to the flip side of this room
where time stands still
wherever he is
his breathing is easier
body
working better
I am gladder
even though
this is just
The beginning
Of this story
The start of
An unseen adventure
perhaps he has glimpsed the future
and wants to return to his
silent land
of painless slumber
as I gather my things
neaten his hair
he asks for a kiss
our roles reversed
i bid him farewell
he turns
and I leave
lighter
but tired
my energy sapped by anothers healing
i am grateful to give him
this
as
gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101