messages to my fiends and friends

Sitting at my kitchen bench
Sunshine pouring in on a beeatifull spring day
Home again
There’s nothing like it
Safety
Of friends and family
Familiar things and smell and people and routine
Like a cloister
Our familee cloister
But I’m no abbott!
Still a novice is CK
Still learning the human trade
About love and life and truth and what’s next
But
Good to be back here.
After the south western whale watching book reading coffee sipping family enduring adventure
Is there a lesson in this mystery
in this journey within the journey
Can you tell me?
Here ‘tis
Love.
Sounds simple don’t it!
Heard it before have ya?
All we need is love!
Those boys were only the tip of the icicle anyhow
That was 40 years ago and still the love don’t run free
Listen close and I’ll tell ya why
Take a deep breath
You ready?
ITS HARD.
That’s it.
Tough. Work. An effort.
I don’t like it. Nope. Not one bit.
But that’s it.
That’s my path. Maybe yours too.
I chose it. Thought I knew it too.
But … nope.
Not today.
All those scriptures we read
books we quote
time we spend silent
morning meditation
Bread and wine
Prayers and beads
Water and fire, earth and stars
Songs and chants and words
All ‘spose to help us love more
To love the mystery
Maybe even love meself a little more
And love out
Out of me to all the rest
The whole shemozzle of creation
But I get lost.
That was this weeks message inside me.
Too easy to get lost.
To be called away from the love behind it all
from the majesty of being a living loving laughing being
Oops. Sounds like the Buddha. Sorry!
But I do have some respect for him.
And of course Jesus. Just to remind myself, and you dear freend.
Bit off task now.
Must be the coffee I’m sipping.
Now back to the end.
Love.
Lets do it.
Together.
You and me the whole creation together.
We can you know.
We can
Love.

PS. This blog was ‘spose to be a poem every now and again, but it has become free writing about what’s going on in me. Hope its helpful to you – even if I am often confused, heretical or both…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101