A tale of enlightenment

Mornin’ to ya
Hows the sunlight in
Your little world this morning?
Do you have a sound track
To ease you in?
Quincy jones
He of michael jackson fame (don’t hold that against him!)
Brilliant arranger
Master musical craftsman
Hears a kind of blue
each and every morning
Miles.
Coltrane.
Slowly shifting modal harmonies
Like light through dusty old windows
That’s the way to start the day.
Hmmmmm.
Too early for those simple little rhymes!
Listened to the church this morning
again
kilbey helps me to think in these hours
but only the acoustic stuff
no distortion before midday
All of us up early today
I couldn’t sit still for prayers
So much to do
So much to be and write and sing and play
All that busyness!
What would old saint ben say!
I wrote my three morning pages though
Being doing this for a while
Helps clear the mind and the soul
stuff comes up
things I didn’t even know were hidden
and some of it
my friends
is gold
not in riches of the world
i’m not turning my head into a BHP mine site!
but truth. And love.
things to deal with
And just the s .. t that we all have
feels good to get it out
bring it out into the light
not judge it
give it wings
and let it go.
Cheaper than therapy!
the hope, wholeness even, it brings
Shines on me the whole day
I float a little more
Feel love better
There’s that word again
Love
So many ways to clear ourselves out and feel it
Be in this love
Anyway
This writing caper helps me out
And maybe you too my friend
Hope light surrounds you today
Your hours full of mystic encounter
loved ones with you
heart free and responsive
See you
Tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101