sun day cafe

2day is sunday
doing the blogging thing from a cafe
in aug dust er
the sun shining in the window
the 7 year old watching some stuff on a screen
and the mrs looking for video relics
on the shelves
weird to be bloogering
on this day of rest
tried the church thing today
but like any good foreign visitor
i looked a bit
it didn't touch me
and i'm only 4 hours from home!
my little male
kept asking the questions about
crosses and death and why
and about heart and love
and we sat out side of the ritual
he couldn't sit still
and i just needed the peace
it was a good little chat
we two a little lighter
a little closer
and then it ended
small talk of the faithful began
but the space felt empty
untouched
all these people at prayer
but i didn't feel it
may be thats me
may be its just today
but the sun is lovely
calms my heart
i hate been away from home
from my friends
and my books
my every day painful wonderful challenging stimulating little life
i had to breathe deep this week
control the panic
feeling lost
dislocated
away from my centre
rootless
and tomorrow I can return at least
drive through the warm morning sun
to be home
with you
and I tell you my friends
I can't wait
to
love you all
again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

rite ritual catholicism and doing lenten penance

december heart

Mad Men 101